Reflection- Letter 22
Here, Celie meets Shug Avery in person for the first time in her life. She wants to care for her after seeing her all sick and discombobulated. However, Shug's reaction to Celie was regarding her rugged appearance. It is unclear whether or not Celie is affected by Shug Avery's words, however it can be concluded that those were words Celie was used to hearing. This letter is also the first time readers see Mr. ____ actually attempting to care for someone who was not himself.

Journal Entry:
Today was much better! At the beginning of the day, I had allowed myself to be unfair and critical to myself. However, after I had allowed myself to be upset, I got myself together and faced circumstance like a young adult would. I'm proud of myself for having the courage to walk into work after a horrible day and fix everything that had been done incorrectly. Also, I worked on my solo more. I tried my best to look up different parallel meanings in the verses and also broadway performances of the song. I tried my best to convey the emotion of each line in a musical way also. What worked best, in my opinion, was tying my own personal feelings to the song itself. Whenever I did that, the song became more intimate and personal for all that heard it. I am excited to perfect this song! The song is absolutely beautiful and I am hoping that everyone at the program can feel exactly what the song requires people to feel. I really look forward to accurately conveying the raw emotion this song has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog