Letter 18- In this letter, Harpo finally marries Sofia and moves her and their children into a little shack on Old Mr. ____'s property. He is genuinely happy with Sofia, but the influence of Celie and Mr. ______'s relationship is inescapable. Sofia is a strong woman who is anything but servile and subdued. Mr. _____ does not like the equal gender roles in Sofia and Harpo's marriage. He lets Harpo know this as well.



Journal Entry:
Today was not all that pleasant. I went in to work sleepy and tired, unable to focus on the job at hand. This gets me in a bit of trouble with my managers and leads to me panicking. I don't really like panicking, considering I only mess up more because of the pressure to get things right. I hope eventually I'll be able to operate better under pressure. However, at the end of the day I understand I have to persevere and try my best to do better next time! A bad day does not define who I am as a person.


Literary 3x3
1. Mothers extinguish evil.
2. Love lightens spirit.
3. Intelligence conquers uncertainty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog