Kamryn Barnes
12 February 2019

Reviewing the grading rubric and actually applying it to my own writing today helped me understand exactly what CollegeBoard is looking for when grading and reviewing my essays. Although it is a 5 that lands the majority with a passing grade, AP students are more than capable of scoring to a 7 or 8 at least. Usually, the essay is not graded based on minor grammatical errors or even individuality in writing, but instead is graded by content. AP graders are looking for the prompt being answered effectively, completely, and persuasively. It is also very important to pay attention to the smallest details in the process of essay writing. One must be thorough and concise in analysis of the work and effectively be able to tie in the topic with the literary work as a whole. By following the suggested template given to me, I am confident that I will make the score that I need to make in preparation for college.

Journal

Today was very plain and straight to the point. I'm getting better in my calculus class which pushes me you persevere even in the most rigorous times. I went to the final practice for concert band as well and I think we sound great! Mr. Forde showed us a video of a laughably horrible band and a very good band as well. Each of them played the exact same piece that we were playing for band evaluation. It was a great model for us to know what we should and shouldn't do when our time comes to be graded and assessed. In addition to this day I went out to eat with Demarcus! We had really good food and we talked and laughed all night. I really enjoy his company because even when we are all alone nothing is forced. He's a great person to be around especially if you need a laugh! I think going out to eat was my favorite part for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog